So we've covered this topic a few times before, but it is always helpful to revisit some of these study tips. Passing your ARDMS or CCI Ultrasound Registry exam is easier than you think.... There's no need to worry!
Don't stress over it... just study. Mastering ultrasound physics or any other ultrasound specialty can be so overwhelming and often it can you make you want to give up. Don't give up! You've got this! Keep on studying and use these simple tips to study and PASS your ultrasound registry!
- 1. Get Organized. Make a plan and a schedule for your study time. It helps if you are a new grad to begin while you are still in school. Know what you need to prepare in order to apply (that alone can be a daunting task). Also check out the ARDMS website and review the content outline for the exam you are taking. Then make studying a priority. Find the best time and schedule that works for and stick to it, no matter what! No procrastinating! (I'm preaching to the choir on this one).
- 2. Don't multitask! Our lives are so hectic and most of the time, our lives require multitasking, but surprisingly studies have shown that multitasking is physically impossible. Multitasking actually keeps you from focusing on what you need to master. So, master the basics and stay focused on one thing at a time.
- 3. Split it up! Studying usually isn't fun and forcing your way through a long study marathon will only make it worse. The saying "you eat an elephant one bite a time", applies here. Divide your work into manageable chunks. Take one section and master that! Reward yourself when you finish each accomplishment to keep it fun and less stressful!
- 4. Sleep - Sleep is so important! Getting those eight hours of zzz's every night will keep your focus sharp and improve your working memory. Don't skip your sleep - get your rest! (again preaching to the choir here)
- 5. Take notes - Taking notes will not only keep you more engaged during class or any review courses, but will also help you narrow down what you need to study when exam time rolls around. Also, take notes in pencil.... the tactile engagement of the pencil will help you remember the content when you need it!
- 6. Work with what you have - Engage as many senses in studying as you can... read, write and speak the content. Have someone else read the content back to you and quiz yourself. This will help you remember the content on the big day!
- 7. Study! Obvious, right? There's a right and a wrong way to study... get it right! Review the material several days ahead of time. Look over it in small chunks, and in different ways (for example, write flashcards one day and take practice tests the next). And.... Don't cram. Give yourself time!
Hope these tips help you pass your ultrasound registry. For more help and tools to pass - check out our ultrasound registry reviews with quizzes and tools to help you master the ARDMS and CCI registries! SIGN UP for a FREE 3 DAY TRIAL (no credit card needed) of our Ultrasound Physics SPI Registry Review Course that includes our PASS GUARANTEE and pass with us!
Lara Miller, RDMS, RVT, RDCS, RCCS